Hammers of Honor
Thanks for extraordinary support
Over the years Habitat for Humanity of Bulloch County has benefited from the generosity of many in the community. These Hammers of Honor go to individuals and groups who, within the last two years, have provided extraordinary support to Habitat.
Habitat Home Shop
Since the ReStore's founding in 1997, Mr. W.R. "Bobby" Smith has supported Habitat by allowing us to use the building rent-free. Thanks to his generosity, and the hard work of many, many volunteers, including Warren "Spike" Jones and Ori James, the ReStore has raised more than $400,000 since it's founding to help provide simple, decent homes in the community.
Many businesses donate or discount their products or services for Habitat homes, and we appreciate each one. On July 24, 2005, we recognized three businesses which have donated their services or materials for all five houses we had built in Statesboro Pointe. They are:
- Southern Plantation Turf, sod for all five houses
- Southern Voice and Data, telephone and cable wiring,
- Deloach Exterminating, termite prevention treatment.
- Other local businesses which have donated for several houses include
- Parrish Portable Toilets
- City of Statesboro Natural Gas Department, which has provided gas water heaters and heating air handlers.
- National partnerships
The following provide materials for Habitat homes through national partnerships with Habitat for Humanity:
- Whirlpool, stove and refrigerator
- Yale Locks, door knobs and locks
- Valspar, paint
- Square D, electrical boxes and circuit breakers
- Larson, storm doors
- Hunter Douglas, mini-blinds
- 38 Bill and Virginia Anne Waters, Statesboro Rotary Club, First United Methodist Church.
- 37 H.A Sack Co., TQ Computers, Brooklet, Primitive Baptist, Mt. Zion African Methodist, Episcopal Church, original First African Baptist Church, St. Mathews Church, Habitat for Humanity, Bulloch, County.
- 36 Hardin Construction
- 35 First United Methodist and Brooklet United Methodist Affiliate
- 34 First ever Built-A-Thon House
- 33 First Presbyterian, First Methodist, & First Unitarian Universalist
- 32 In Memory of Howard and Theodosia Barnard
- 31 Statesboro Rotary Club
- 30 First Methodist Church, with support from First Baptist Church and Brooklet United Methodist Church
- 29 Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Matthew Catholic Church, memorial to Martha E. Spence, and support from St. Paul Lutheran Church
- 28 Kiwanis of Statesboro with support from GSU Chapter, Habitat
- 27 Methodist Coalition, First Methodist, Pittman Park, Brooklet, Union
- 26 Methodist Coalition, First Methodist, Pittman Park, Brooklet
- 25 Methodist Coalition, First Methodist, Pittman Park, Brooklet
- 24 Statesboro Rotary & Downtown Rotary
- 23 First Presbyterian and Christian Coalition
- 22 First United Methodist Church
- 21 GSU House and CellularOne
- 20 Auxiliary of East Georgia Regional, SHS Construction Program
- 19 Affilaite and Viracon
- 18 Wal-Mart Distribution Center and St. Paulâ€™s Lutheran
- 17 First United Methodist Church
- 16 First Presbyterian Church
- 15 SHS Construction Program and Wal-Mart Distribution
- 14 Pittman Park UMC and CellularOne
- 13 First Baptist Church of Statesboro
- 12 First Baptist Church of Statesboro
- 11 First United Methodist Church
- 10 Affiliate
- 9 Affiliate
- 8 Affiliate
- 7 Rotary Club of Statesboro
- 6 Affiliate
- 5 First Baptist Church of Statesboro
- 4 Affiliate
- 3 Affiliate
- 2 Affiliate
- 1 Affiliate
2004 Magnolia Award
City of Statesboro
In 2003, Habitat for Humanity of Bulloch County and the City of Statesboro entered an agreement for Habitat to build on the 21 lots remaining in the Statesboro Pointe subdivision. The subdivision had been begun by the city, using CDBG and CHIP grants, and the city and sold four homes in the subdivision. Through this partnership, Habitat has now built six houses in Statesboro Pointe, and the partnership was the winner of the 2004 Magnolia Award from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
To make a secure, credit card donation through Habitat for Humanity International: Click Here Please be sure to designate your donation for Habitat for Humanity of Bulloch County!