Community Flag Program
What is the Community Flag Program?For a $40 annual contribution to the Habitat Flag Program, Habitat volunteers place an American Flag in the yard of subscribers on the holidays: Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day through Patriot day (Nine Eleven) and Veterans Day.
Signing up for the Habitat Flag Program is a great way to show your patriotism, while you support a good cause. A flag subscription also makes a great gift for a friend, neighbor or family member.
Each year our goal is to fly more than 500 flags in front of Bulloch County homes, representing more than $20,000 raised for poverty housing.
The Flag Program has expanded to over 20 neighborhoods where dedicated supporters have offered their time. Habitat would like to continue its program in these neighborhoods and in new neighborhoods, but needs volunteers to set up the flags in some of these neighborhoods. If you would like to volunteer to help organize your neighborhood, please contact Richard and Ruth Ann Rogers, Community Coordinators for the Flag Program.
Got a question about the
Subscribe to the flag program by Credit Card - Click here
Subscribe to the flag program by check - Click here
- Memorial Day (Always last Monday in May) Flag up Saturday and down by Tuesday
- Flag Day (Always June 14th) Flag up by June 12th and down by June 16th
- Independence Day (Always July 4th) Flag up by July 2nd and down by July 6th
- Labor Day - Patriot Day (Always first Monday in September through Patriot Day Sept. 11th) Flag up by Saturday before Labor Day and down two(2) days after Sept.11th
- Veterans Day (Always Nov. 11th) Flag up by Nov. 9th and down by November 13th
Who's My Volunteer?
Not on the List? Click here to become a volunteer today!